Handpicked for youWe specialise in clothes, toys and gifts for children from newborn to 10 years old, and have selected the more unusual, querky, well-made and most definitely fun items, which we hope you will love too. Our toys are mostly wooden and are designed to inspire and keep young minds interested. So, if you are looking for the good quality and slightly different then you have come to the right place. Don’t forget that we are a shop located in a gorgeous 15th Century building in the heart of Arundel, West Sussex – come and take a look!
New in for youWelcome to Emile et Rose our new baby collection renowned for their stunning range of classic newborn outfits and babygrows. Despite having a french name, they are based near Exeter in Devon, and we chose them because we know their clothes are made to be comfortable and stylish yet practical to wear. For girls we see a return to embroidery and smoking and boys knitted garments that look very smart. Most outfits are sold with additional accessories such as hats, hairbands and toys included for a perfect finishing touch. Ideal gifts, garments are filled with tissue and boxed ready for new baby.
In store eventsSpring is in the air (until the next blast of cold wet rain comes our way) so we say be prepared with rain jackets including our new windbreakers, which fold into a bag. We’ve put together a list of activities to look forward to for Easter and a few dates for the Summer, which will be with us very soon – especially as we are now well-stocked with Summer clothing.
- March/April – Easter Bunny Colouring Table – Keep busy with colouring whilst mum gets to shop.
- 2nd March – 21st April – Easter Colouring Competition 2017 – A big welcome to Nicola Bunyan, our local artist judge this year. We have some super prizes for winners and runners-up in every age category: 3-4, 5-6 and 7-8 years old.
- 18th March – Tarrant Street Pedestrianisation – on the 3rd Saturday of every month to coincide with Market Day, until Saturday 16th September.
- From 3rd April – Open Mondays – until the end of the year.
- 19th – 28th August – Arundel Festival – street entertainment and a chance to play traditional games in store.